Protecting the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff is at the center of our plans for a safe return to the Nest this fall. We have developed practices and protocols for health screening, social distancing, and a myriad of additional safety measures. All employees and students will be required to wear face coverings during the school day.
We have reconfigured our spaces for greater safety.
We are fortunate to have ample classroom spaces to accommodate all of our students on both of our campuses at the same time. Students will be placed in smaller cohorts based on social distance and the maximum number of students in each class.
In addition to configuring spaces for socially distanced classroom usage, each classroom is equipped with Plexiglas sneeze guards, true HEPA air purifiers, sanitizer hand dispensers, body temperature devices, UV sanitizing equipment, such as UV Wands, and UV boxes for hard to clean toys.
UV Safety Equipment
What is Swivl?
Swivl is a robotic based technology that uses an attached tablet to record and share audio and video or live stream a teacher’s lesson. Teachers are equipped with a bluetooth device that is connected to the Swivl robot. As a teacher circulates around a learning environment during a lesson, the Swivl tracks them around the classroom. This allows virtual learners to experience class as if they were physically present. We are excited to implement Swivl technology throughout the school.
Williamsburg Northside School’s commitment to providing equal access to all of its learners during the COVID-19 pandemic as well as ensuring the safety of its students and teachers has led us to the investment in Swivl technology. The addition of Swivl in each classroom throughout the school, allows Northside to continue to provide the same collaborative, engaging, individualized, and rigorous instruction while also giving parents the choice to have their students learn on-site or engage via live simulcast from home. Swivl, in conjunction with Zoom, will provide synchronous learning for all of our students.
Advantages of Swivl:
- Teachers can move freely while recording their lesson.
- Swivl can capture 360 degrees of a classroom environment.
- Teachers can broadcast their classroom live with Zoom. Students at home can participate during live classes and students in class (on-site) can hear students from home.
- Teachers can facilitate discussions and answer questions live from students at home and at school. The Swivl allows remote learners to interact with the class as if they were physically present.
- Swivl provides great audio & video quality for students to fully engage during live lessons.
- The Swivl C-Series comes with five microphones which allows the teacher to record audio throughout the learning environment. For example, during group work, the microphones can be placed at different work stations to capture students’ discussions or student and teacher interactions.
Note: Swivl will be used for Kindergarten – Grade 8.
We will use an infrared body temperature camera to screen students and employees each day upon arrival.
We will monitor signs and symptoms throughout the day and have designated additional space in case community members need to quarantine during school hours.
We have added foot traffic patterns in the hallways throughout the school to promote social distancing.
Our plans will continue to evolve as we follow the New York health regulations and guidelines developed by the Centers of Disease Control (CDC). Stay tuned as we continue to update this page.
Our school’s air sanitizing fogger cleans large rooms, elevators, and hallways.
All students, faculty, and staff are required to wear masks at school.
Hand sanitizing dispensers throughout the school.