Williamsburg Northside School is comprised of three engaging divisions serving students ages 3 months through 11 years old. The Infant & Toddler Center (3 mos.- 2 years), The Preschool (2- 4 years), and The Lower School (Prekindergarten- 5th Grade). In the fall of 2018 we will expand to serve students through 14 years old as the middle school division opens at our 299 North 7th Street location.
Each year we welcome dedicated and thoughtful educators and personnel to our faculty and staff. Potential employees of our program should understand and embrace the mission and Core Values of the school. We look for employees who are energetic, thoughtful, team players, and we strive to build a faculty and staff that reflect the diversity of our city.
Williamsburg Northside School is an equal opportunity employer and recruits and hires without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
2017 – 2018 school year
Lower School Library & Media Specialist
Williamsburg Northside Schools is seeking an experienced Library & Media Specialist immediately for the 2017- 2018 school year. This Lower School position is part time- 4 days per week. Williamsburg Northside is a Reggio Emilia-inspired educational community serving children from 3 months- Grade 5. New staff members join a team of dedicated educators and passionate children and families. In the Lower School, the Library & Media Specialist holds classes for children in Prekindergarten- Grade 5 either in the library or in homeroom spaces as appropriate. This role also supports our work in educational technology, supporting homeroom studies in technology projects and guides students in their citizenship in a digital world. This specialist teacher may also be called upon for their expertise in children’s literature for the Preschool and Infant & Toddler divisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Related Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in Library systems
- Experience in media integration and digital literacy
- Teaching experience with students ages 4- 12 years
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience planning and implementing classes in Library for lower school students
- Possess positive classroom management skills
- Be able to both teach Library programming and curate a growing library collection
- Maintain a beautiful space that is welcoming and informative
- Be able to collaborate with colleagues
- Take pride in professional, polished written and verbal communication
- Inspire a joy of learning and a passion for literature and research in their students
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with the subject heading: Library & Media Specialist