Today is the 33rd anniversary of the UN International Day of Peace.
Here are a few resources to help you bring awareness to issues related to peace and to help promote mindfulness in our students and community:
Here are a few books in the library about peace and finding peaceful places within:
- Doyle, Malachy. Too noisy. Somerville, Mass.: Candlewick Press, 2012.
- Hines, Anna G. Peaceful pieces : poems and quilts about peace. New York: Henry Holt, 2011.
- MacLean, Kerry L. Moody Cow meditates. Boston: Wisdom Publications, 2009.
- Moore, Sandra. The peace tree from Hiroshima : the little bonsai with a big story. Tokyo: Tuttle Pub., 2015.
- Robertson, Robbie. Hiawatha and the Peacemaker. New York: Abrams Books for Young Readers, 2015.
Karen Grenke, MSLIS
Library & Media Specialist
Williamsburg Northside Schools